Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blog Note

Anonymous commenting has been disabled.

You want to say something here? Put a name to it. Especially if you are going to try and make specious "logic" arguments about rape or try to misrepresent what was said. I don't care if you use your brain when commenting here (as I know most who comment do) but you are going to own your words, even if it is behind a pseudonym, or not comment at all. At the very least take a couple of seconds, expend some mental energy and come up with a name.

Thank you.

Carry on.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about blogging about rape, feminism, or fat that brings the trolls out of the woodwork, but it does indeed do that. Trolls are the reason I disabled anonymous comments and enabled moderation (I had a few trolls who thought they could get their venom through by creating a dummy email and nom de troll). Now all comments come to my email and I have to approve them before anyone sees them. That allows me to delete troll comments, and if I recognize the nom de troll, I don't even have to read it, I can just hit refuse and delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enabled moderation for a while, but I have such a crazy work schedule that I feel like moderating comments discourages people from commenting.

    ReplyDelete